DIY Times Square ball
On Day 6 of 25 Days of Crafts I was supposed to post a sparkly lights craft. I got sick the night before so I was unable to finish the project. So my sparkly light craft that I owe you, has now become a New Years Eve craft!
Who needs New York City’s Times Square when you can create your own! Well, it’s not exactly like the Times Square ball, but it sure looks pretty close. You can hang it outside or inside to light up the New Year’s festivities.
- Wrought iron garden sphere (You can use almost any type of wire or wrought iron sphere for this DIY. We fell in love with this one from Ravenna Gardens in Seattle.)
- Starry String Lights from Restoration Hardware (We bought the 50 ft. length)
Before you wrap your lights, TEST them. The last thing you want is to wrap the entire sphere and then they don’t turn on.
Since our sphere had 8 long connecting bars we decided to wrap the lights around each bar. You could do almost anything with them…wrap them, scrunch them, crisscross them…whichever you choose.
- Step 2:
- Wrap one bar and then continue onto the next bar.
- Step 3:
- Continue until you have wrapped the entire sphere.
- Step 4:
- Hang and enjoy the countdown! Happy New Year!!!!